Monday, March 12, 2007

Myths




1. All women here are super petite
2. The current fashion trend is trashy-chic
3. BsAs has the most plastic surgery
per capita of any city in the world
4. Tango shoes are $50 bucks (US) each
5. Everybody smokes

I'm afraid the people are just like anywhere else, it's not a very diverse crowd though. I don't remember seeing one trashy outfit yet. All women have their bra straps covered and are wearing slips. (no doubt grandma taught you how to dress.)

I've seen only one woman at a milonga that had noticable plastic surgery. All of the tango shoes that I saw, that I liked and wanted to wear cost at least $275 pesos. Maybe I need to shop more, I probably do.

The smoking ban went into effect last October. We've only been to one restaurant that had a smoking section. We don't see that many people smoking on the street. I don't know what the deal is but it seems like porteños have tried very hard to join the cult of the non-smoker.

THINGS YOU HEAR THAT ARE TRUE:

The Traffic is bad and so is the air quality.
We lucked-out by getting an apartment that is not on the street. My lungs seriously ached last week after shoe shopping downtown all day.

There is a lot Parisian Architecture
it's amazing and really beautiful.

It's pretty here:
The parks are lush, the trees are huge. The landscape design of these parks is really impressive. Along the Avenida Libertador, it looks like a glamourous set from a James Bond movie! There is gorgeous green space, huge chic silver sculptures, planes landing...uh huh...you know what I mean....

It's fancy:
OH YEAH, from the interior design to the ice cream! the architecture, the wares:clothes, shoes, linens, chocolates...way high class..(disclaimer, we are in a spendy neighborhood)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the lack of trashy dressing.

Keep up the blog, though, and I will dress extra trashy when you get back.