Saturday, March 24, 2007

Goodbye Kae, bus ride home

This morning Kae left to go back to San Francisco...sad, sad. She's somewhere over Brazil now I think.
Here she is leaving in the elevator:

See? Now she's gone:

We took Miguel Tienda de Leon to the airport where we saw this cute statue and the usual airport schwag

I'm not sure what this is about. If you have an idea of what the green apple-like thing on the right is let me know.

Time to say goodbye, bon voyage, adios...

...and that was it, she's gone now :-(
For something different I took the regular city bus back. It wasn't too much different from Muni, with fewer blatently crazy people. thought I might get to see some new parts of the city this way but unfortunately we didn't really go that far from the highway.

This suburb could have been in California. One of the few places I've seen fully detached houses in Buenos Aires.

We went through Ciudad Evita; where there were lots of signs supporting the current president Néstor Kirchner (there will be an election this year appairently)

On the outskirts of Buenos Aires proper there were lots of these highrise buildings. There were rather plain compared to those in the city center but none seemed delapitated or burnt out.

I've noticed that in subtitled english movies, "cool" is normally translated as "genial"

As we got toward the city center, we ran into a protest which blocked the street.

I googled "Julio Lopez" and found this article: http://upsidedownworld.org/main/content/view/654/1/. I guess the injustices and disappearences aren't entirely in the past unfortunately.

The protest seemed peacful, but I moved on to find a subte station.

...which I took the rest of the way home.
So that's it, I'm home alone now! Tonight some people I know from San Francisco will be performing at a milonga; I'll need a little rest and maté before then.


No comments: